Thank you for your interest in applying to the Division of the Social Sciences at the University of Chicago!
For admissions information about the Division of the Social Sciences, please visit our website.
Please note the following deadlines for applying to our programs:
- Anthropology: December 15th
- Comparative Human Development: December 15th
- Conceptual and Historical Studies in Science (CHSS): December 15th
- Economics: December 15th
- History: December 15th
- Political Science: December 15th
- Psychology: December 1st
- Social Thought: December 15th
- Sociology: December 1st
- Master of Arts Program in the Social Sciences (MAPSS): Priority Deadline: January 4; BA/MA Program Deadline: February 1; Final Deadline: April 30
- International Relations: Priority Deadline: January 4; BA/MA Program Deadline: February 1; Final Deadline: April 30
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies: Priority Deadline: January 4; BA/MA Program Deadline: February 1; Final Deadline: April 30
- Middle Eastern Studies: January 4; BA/MA Program Deadline: February 1
- Computational Social Science: Priority Deadline: January 4; BA/MA Program Deadline: February 1; Final Deadline: April 30
Non-Degree Visiting Students -- Rolling admissions
Non-Degree Visiting Students: This status is only available to students who are advanced graduate students pursuing a graduate level degree at another academic institution, who are at the research or writing stage, and who have been invited to temporarily work on their research project with a faculty member at the University of Chicago. If you select this type of application, you will be asked to provide information regarding your faculty advisor; you will not be considered for Non-Degree Visiting Student status if you have not been specifically in touch with a University of Chicago faculty member in advance of your application. Questions about this status or the application can be directed to Cathy Mican at email@example.com
All documents supporting your application must be uploaded by the posted deadline.
If after reading this information you have specific questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to continue an application.
Create an account to start a new application.
Note: To protect the privacy and security of your application, you must register your email address. Once created, you may access your account at any time, using your registered email and self-selected password.